Wednesday, August 10, 2016

3 Hour Classroom Prep Challenge - The Beginning

Thanks to everyone who is interested in giving this a try!  This is the first installment in a series of posts designed to help all of us spend more time doing fun summer things and less time in our classrooms preparing for the new year!

I totally recognize that it's going to take more than 3 hours to get everything done.  I'm just committing to 3 hours of time spent in my actual classroom.  That means prepping things - mostly after my kids have gone to bed each night - at home.  But, the trade off is that I'm *hopefully* saving myself hours worth of work that would have happened IN my classroom by being more purposeful with my tasks and time.  So, all of those days that the old me would have spent in my classroom are going to be a thing of the past!  Instead I'll spend that time enjoying the last days of summer with my family.

So, our first task!

Sit down and think about all of the things that you need to do, make, organize, etc. in preparation for a new school year.  As you think of each thing write it down on a list.  I know, it's going to be a long list.  My list is always long.  But, a list is the best place to start so that we can be efficient in our next steps.  I've even made a graphic organizer to use if you find it helpful to you in your list making.

3 Hour Classroom Prep Challenge - To Do List


Be sure to share your progress on the Hooting About Learning Facebook page!


No comments:

Post a Comment